Friday, August 28, 2009




I found some interesting books at the library this week on early folk art, I think I will have to find a used copy online to add to my little library of art books the title is The Flowering Of American Folk Art and another one which is just as nice is American Primitive Painting, which has so many pretty portraits and silhouettes in them. I was inspired to do some more painting after reading through the pages, here is a little child silhouette that I have done in 19th century style using a soft colonial blue instead of black for a different look, it reminds me of Wedgewood china. I will be working on a few more original pieces just little ones, the silhouettes do look so pretty in the tiny frames and on the boxes so I plan to paint up some others using different colors. It is a cool day here makes me think of warm sweaters and hot mugs of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bird Songs