Monday, March 29, 2010


Do April Showers bring May Flowers? Yes they do!
I thought I would share with you some scans from one of vintage childrens book collection, this book The Language of Flower Illustrated By Kate Greenway who I adore...is one of my favourite little book to bring out and look at this time of year, I have a large colletion of antique childrens books, I spend many a garage sale weekends and flea market hours in search of these rare jewels,











the printing and illustrations compare to next to none of the books on the market today, the softness and colours used as well as the papers used and the attention to bindings and endpapers are such a delight to see and share. I have a complete collection of Kate Greenaway's books, there are a few almanacs which are very rare and have not yet come across. Do you have any favorite illustrators of days past that you treasure, love to hear which ones, please leave me a comment on my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bird Songs