Thursday, June 5, 2008

Papers of the Past




I have always had a soft spot for pretty ladies in dresses from the past, in my early days at college I studied Fashion Design and would illustrate and paint many of the 19 th century gowns. I love period movies showing beautiful English countryside "Jane Austin's " world and the delicate styles of early times. In continuing my interest and love for that time I have been creating some paper pieces that reflect my interest of the 19 th century manner. From time to time I change my art styles, but they alway seem to stay within the field of working with images and papers from the past. I like to see what I can come up with to decorate my home and still enjoy the pretty paper images I love so much. Here is a Shadow Box I made using 19th century images, which are copyright free of course, the two lovebirds are nestled in a box with a glass charm, and little paper dove near the bottom. I also had so much fun making these Paper Lady Puppets with my daughter, she has a set she made and puts on a show behind the couch for me.
They are for sale in the shop, and if you would like to special order one you can email me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bird Songs