Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Corn Witch


My offering for your bidding pleasure and amusement, an Original Paper Cutting from Dove Grey Cottage. This cutting measures 8 1/2 by 11 inches and depicts a lady Witch in her corn field wearing a pretty paniered dress made of antique book papers. I have hand cut this design from a piece of tea stained parched paper.... aged to replicate the early cuttings...it is what's know as a "Hollow Cut" meaning the design was drawn and then the background detail has been cut away. I have ever so lightly given this picture a wash of my watercolours. It is signed and dated and mounted on lamp-black paper ready to be framed, she is available in the shop. Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. She's beautiful!
    ~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I just got back from Huntsville and found an adorable shop there that carried nice but not nearly as nice as your charms. I left your email with them and told the owner about your Esty shop. I hope that was okay and I really hope you get some business from that. It was a sweet shop but I'm lost for its name. Sorry. Hi to all...happy summer holidays!!!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you did the paper cutting, but I am quite impressed..
    I love paper arts and I enjoy looking at the things you are doing.. Have a great week~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....I love her and I just bought her on eBay!!! YEah! Lucky me!!!

    *Lori

    ReplyDelete

Bird Songs