Sunday, May 31, 2009


This little feisty squirrel is King of his own fairytale land.
The original drawing I have done with pencil, pen and ink on an old book page that has some nice aging to it. I have been busy working on some fairy tale animals lately, in between a bit of gardening. Inspired by an old Robin Hood children's book I picked up at a rummage sale last week I worked at a few drawings.




I made a few Victorian inspired Ribbon Brooches with pretty Cameo Pendants of fairytale animal figures on them. I have sealed the print under resin and soldered the 1 inch by 1 inch charm with silver solder. Hung from chocolate brown sateen ribbon bow with a pin back. Looks so cute pinned to a neckline of a shirt or on a jacket. The size of this piece is 2 1/2 inches by 3 inches.
The new print and brooch are now listed in my shop.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful piece of art! You are an inspiration.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooch how beautiful
    the squirrel is most charming!
    gr. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the rabbit. So pretty.. I will have to keep coming back for inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Bird Songs