Saturday, March 28, 2009

Vintage Finds



I was lucky enough on my thrifty Friday run to come across a few goodies, I usually buy things that I would use in my home that way I know that maybe others will love them as well, I look for pieces of art needlepoint, vintage fabrics and pretty English Tins for my Trinket Bundles, I was lucky enough to find one of each this time. I do not really follow any rules when it comes to decorating, my style is well an un-contrived English Country type, it seems that bits of red, rose and black follow me into a room when I arrange things, I picked up that bit of advice from a decorator that owns Red Chair Antiques, she states that she always uses a bit of red in every room even if it is a stack of old books, or a child's little red chair. I enjoyed reading an article in the new magazine Country Home featuring Christina Strutt's fairytale home in the English Countryside, she decorates her home with lots of red and plaid fabrics, floral pillows and stacks of books, lots of cats and dogs, pretty wallpapers, it is a very cosy and magical place. Visit her webshop Cabbages and Roses to seem some of her designs.
I have added a new shop on etsy The Naturalist here you will find all of my bird and wildflower paper bundles and other nature inspired pieces.
My Dove Grey etsy shop now is updated with some vinatge Trinket Tins, Framed Needlepoints, and French Button Cards, watch for more finds to be listed soon.
Well I hear the birdies chitter chattering away out my window must go see what they are up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bird Songs