Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A few more pictures to share, thanks for your comments Christine, my gosh I know what you mean burned out bloggers need a break too, I have been neglectful to my blog as well but I still keep at it when I have the time or something to share. Best Wishes!
Just a few more pictures to add from the tour it was hard to take good ones with no flash and tripod but I still wanted to get some for decorating references like paint colors used in the hallways and wallpapers that were selected as historical reference to the time period and some of the lovely framed lithographs the large one of Queen Victoria is so sweet, the McNab family were devote Catholic so there was quite a few religious framed pieces of Jesus Sacred Hearts and in the girls room Sophie and Minne they had little prayer altars that they would use daily with Rosarys and Missals. The room pictured with the white curtained bed was the "Sick Room" in the house and at that time Influenza and T.B. where fatal and required months of bed rest, not like our Benelyn take a pill and rest a "day" sick day's we are used to today , the ill person would take up residence there and be tended to by nurses, ahh life in the castle!





Kitchen





Music Room


Sick Room



Butler's Pantry









No comments:

Post a Comment

Bird Songs